- “Collected Information” means all (i) Personal Information and (ii) Non-Personal Information collected by Knitt;
- “Non-Personal Information” means all information collected by Knitt, whether electronically or manually, through (i) Knitt’s website, (ii) e-mail messages and other electronic communications that you may send to Knitt, and (iii) other sources in the ordinary course of Knitt’s business, that is not Personal Information (including, but not limited to, any Analytical Information);
- “Personal Information” means all information collected by Knitt, whether electronically or manually, through (i) the website, (ii) e-mail messages and other electronic communications that you may send to Knitt, and (iii) other sources in the ordinary course of Knitt’s business, that relates to an individual and that identifies, or can be used in conjunction with other readily-accessible information to identify, such individual (including, but not limited to, name, e-mail address, physical address, phone number, device ID or other persistent identifiers tied to your computer or device).
- Electronic Communications
Whether or not you have previously sent Knitt an e-mail message, you consent to us sending you e-mail messages and other electronic communications (a) in connection with your use of the website, (b) in connection with the purchase of a Subscription Plan from Knitt; (c) in the ordinary course of business, or (c) for any other legitimate business purpose (including, but not limited to, marketing).
Since Knitt endeavors to send e-mail messages and other electronic communications only to individuals desiring to receive them, you can unsubscribe to such e-mail messages or other electronic communications at any time by contacting Knitt as set forth in Section 18 or by following the directions contained in such e-mail messages or other electronic communications. Any request to unsubscribe to e-mail or other electronic communications will likely be effective within 48 hours after your request is received by Knitt.
- Collection of Information
Except for any Collected Information obtained automatically through the website, no Collected Information is obtained from you, unless it is voluntarily provided. For example, Knitt collects the full name, email address, postal address, phone number and other identification data from Donors and Nonprofits and their representatives when signing-up for Subscription Plans to Knitt’s Platform. Regardless of the method used to obtain Collected Information, Knitt will only collect and retain Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with: (1) all applicable privacy and security laws, (2) the purposes for which the Personal Information is provided and (3) Knitt’s other legitimate business purposes (including, but not limited to, marketing). You are responsible for obtaining any approvals, authorizations, consents, permissions and permits that are required in connection with your providing Knitt with any information. This includes, but is not limited to, any information that you provide about a third party such as a nonprofit or donor that is not currently registered on the Knitt Platform. You represent and warrant that all information was obtained by you in accordance with all applicable laws and that you have the right to provide Knitt with such information for the purpose of purchasing a Subscription Plan and using the Platform. Further, you agree to indemnify, defend, release, and hold Knitt harmless from any claims made in connection with your providing Knitt with any information, including, but not limited to, any information relating to a third party.
- Payment Processing
- How We Use and Collect Analytical Information
Analytical Information is collected automatically through the website. The website utilizes cookies to save your preferences and track your interaction with it. For example, we may collect information about your browser, network, and device, the web pages you visited prior to coming to this website, as well as your clicks, pages visited, searches and time stamps relative to your use of the website. Your browser may provide you with the ability to block cookies as well as the ability to delete already existing essential and nonessential cookies. If you block or delete cookies you may not be able to receive the benefits of certain features of the website.
Analytical Information will only be used by Knitt (a) to record your use of the Platform, (b) to diagnose problems with the Platform, (c) to improve the Platform and make it more useful to you and other users, (d) to monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Platform; (e) for marketing, advertising, administrative, analytical, research, optimization, and other purposes; and (f) for other legitimate business purposes of Knitt. From time to time, we may use third parties to deliver ads to you over the Internet. For example, Google Analytics is a provider we use to collect Analytical Information. These data analytics and online advertising providers may combine and use data collected through your use of the website with data they collect over time and across different websites for their own purposes. You can learn about how Google collects and processes data at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. You can also learn about the controls Google offers to manage the collection and use of your information at https://policies.google.com/privacy. We recommend that you review the privacy policies or notices at the links provided above.
- How We Use Personal Information
- Disclosing Collected Information
Any Collected Information obtained by Knitt, whether or not for a specific purpose, may be transferred to third parties designated by Knitt (including, but not limited to sub-contractors or vendors engaged by Knitt to perform administrative and technological functions) for any purposes for which Knitt could use such Collected Information. If Collected Information is so transferred, Knitt will have no responsibility for any action of the third party to whom or which such Collected Information is transferred.
Specifically, disclosure of collected information may be made to the following persons or entities:
- Authorized Personnel. Knitt employees may have access to Collected Information, including Personal Information, as necessary in the normal course of our business.
- Business Transfers. In the future, we may choose to buy or sell assets, or have engaged in discussions with a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred.
- Third-Party Sites or Platforms
The website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. However, if a parent or guardian of a child who is under 13 years of age discovers that Personal Information of such child has been submitted to Knitt through the website without the parent’s or guardian’s consent, Knitt will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove such information from the website and servers at the parent’s or guardian’s request. To request the removal of such Personal Information, the parent or guardian must contact Knitt as set forth in Section 18, and provide all information requested by Knitt to assist it in identifying the Personal Information to be removed.
- Security of Collected Information
Knitt will protect Collected Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, alteration, destruction and disclosure as required by all applicable laws, including privacy and security laws. Knitt will, at a minimum, use commercially reasonable efforts to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, alteration, destruction and disclosure. We implement reasonable administrative, technical, organizational and physical precautions to safeguard against the loss, misuse or alteration of your Collected Information, including Personal Information. If you use the Platform, or otherwise provide information to us, you acknowledge that since no transmission of information over the Internet or electronic storage of information is completely secure, it is possible that Collected Information could be lost, misused or accessed, altered, destroyed or disclosed without authorization, even if Knitt uses such reasonable efforts.
- Users from Other Jurisdictions
The website and business operations are controlled and operated by Knitt from the United States. If you are not a resident of the United States or you are located outside the United States, you should not use the website or transmit Personal Information unless you are in compliance with all applicable law. If you choose to use the website or provide information to us, please note that we may transfer Personal Information provided by you for processing in the United States. By providing Personal Information to us for the purpose of purchasing or inquiring about Knitt’s Platform, you consent to the transfer of Personal Information to the United States. The transfer of that Personal Information to the United States is necessary for Knitt to provide requested information and services.
We do not represent or warrant that the website is appropriate, lawful, or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the website or purchase product do so on their own initiative and at their own risk.
- Applicable Law
- Our Contact Information